My family has certain desserts that we only make around the holidays, and this is one of them. My mom and I made it the first time probably 7 or 8 years ago, and for some reason we only make it once a year, even though it’s one of our absolute favorites. I think we do so because it’s so good. I wish I could say we savor this bark, that one weekend we make it, but it’s usually devoured within the same day.
This year, my holiday baking was a little different, as it’s my first year not living at home or being at college. (I’m a real adult now! Not sure how I feel about that.) Although this is the third Christmas John and I are spending together, this is the first year we are living together in our cute new apartment, able to bake all of my favorites. Yesterday we went grocery shopping, and checked out with so many ingredients that the cashier asked us if we were putting on a bake sale. Yup. We had THAT much. (Stay tuned for so many more holiday recipes!) We spent the entire day watching Hallmark movies and decorating cookies and making truffles and fudge and this chocolate peanut butter Oreo bark! Days like these remind me where my passion for baking began: spending time with my loved ones around the holidays! I hope you all set aside time during this busy season to do the same.
- The chocolate I use for this recipe is the Baker’s brand. It can be found in the baking aisle of most grocery stores, but if you can’t find it any premium baking bar of chocolate will do. Please don’t use chocolate chips, though! They are not made for melting and burn and seize very quickly.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Oreo Bark
Time: 10 minutes, plus 1 hour for chilling
- 8 squares Bakers semi sweet chocolate
- 8 squares Bakers white chocolate
- 2 T peanut butter
- 10 Oreo cookies, crushed
- Place the chocolates in separate bowls and melt both
- Add peanut butter to the melted white chocolate and stir until smooth
- Divide the crushed Oreos in half, add to both chocolates, and stir
- Drop spoonfuls of each onto wax paper, alternating chocolates
- Use a knife or a toothpick to swirl the chocolates together, creating a marble effect
- Refrigerate 1 hour or until set
- Break into pieces and store in the refrigerator. Enjoy!